Frosted Fruit Christmas Cake
Using frosted fruit turns a plain iced Christmas Cake into a stunning centrepiece. Any fruit you have available can be used, from small bunches of berries and grapes to larger fruit such as apples and pears. Foliage such as bay leaves and holly can really enhance the look of the decoration, as long as it hasn’t been sprayed with any chemicals and is washed well.
Ant fruit you have in your fruit bowl, collected from the countryside or your garden.
1-2 egg whites depending on the amount of fruit you wish to frost.
1. Wash your chosen fruit and pat dry.
2. Whisk the egg white in a bowl until frothy.
3. Place the sugar in a shallow bowl.
4. Paint fruit with egg white, one at a time. Don’t put the egg white on too thick. Sprinkle the fruit with sugar.
5. Place fruit on a wax paper-lined tray to dry.
6. Once dry, arrange the fruit on top of your Christmas Cake.